include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/php-includes/DS-2014-PageTop.html'); ?>
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. They support customers across multiple regions and it is important that their employees present a united global experience to their customers and partners. Due to their broad geographic employee base, Equinix required an email signature tool for their employees that could be rolled out to 30 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Their requirements were very complex and included multi-language requirements, legal disclaimer footers by country, links to social media sites and a customer satisfaction survey, and a text-only version for use with Apple devices.
- Provide a uniform email signature to about 2,800 employees.
- Keep the program simple to use but provide customization to reliably meet the various legal & language requirements of over 100 locations worldwide.
- Streamline the ongoing deployment of the signature to new employees / new locations as EQUINIX continues its rapid expansion.
A DigiTechBRANDING "text-and-logo" email signature program.
Within 24 hours of our initial contact, we provided EQUINIX with a functional demonstration of our services. The HTML for the email signature was based on a design they had provided, so approval was rapid.
We next provided EQUINIX with a list of the data elements we needed for each of their worldwide locations - primarily address information and a descriptive name to use for each location that would appear in the drop down menu used by their employees.
Over the next couple of weeks EQUINIX personnel gathered the location data.
Upon receipt, we created a record in our database for each EQUINIX location - this was accomplished within 48 hours of receiving their data.
We then "published" their complete email signature program for their internal review. Their review took a month or so, during which time we had the following special requests come in:
- Depending on the location, we need different legal language at the bottom. Can you code an IF/THEN to render the right language depending on address?
- Can we shorten the instructions page to only show Outlook 2010, but include a link to other email software instructions just in case it's needed?
- What if they want to use other languages, such as German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.?
- Could we add the extension on to the telephone numbers for country calling (needs to accommodate a plus sign, too +)
- Could we add the Skype instructions into the base instructions so that they don't have to open another instructional page?
- Could the instructions include who to contact here internally at EQUINIX for IT support?
- Could we change the social media links from color to a gray scale?
- Do you have any reporting capabilities that will show us who used the tool?
- Germany is throwing us for a loop. In their signature after EQUINIX it needs to read "EQUINIX GmbH..." Is that possible for just German locations?
- Can you customize the company website URL to point to the appropriate country-specific website, based on the location of the employee?
We were able to reply, "yes we can," to all of these requests and we implemented them one-by-one as they came in to us.
Roughly 10 weeks after our initial contact with EQUINIX the program was ready to roll-out worldwide.
EQUINIX placed a link to their finished program on their corporate intranet, and sent an email announcement out to all employees announcing the new email signature program.
During the first 24 hours of launch, roughly a dozen requests came in reporting small corrections that needed to be made to addresses, phone numbers, etc. These were handled in near-real time.
One larger request came in - a request to create an alternative, text only, version for use in limited cases. A conference call was scheduled and we quickly hammered out a simple solution. This was submitted for approval roughly 2 hours after the conference call.
Within 48 hours of launch, over 1250 EQUINIX employees were using their new signatures (the number increased to 1950 after two weeks).
Everything about the design of the program was focused on keeping the user experience super-easy.